Friday, February 26, 2021

Dumb Luck is better than no luck at all

 So how did I get to a point that I was diagnosed with Prostate Cancer? There are damn few signs and those that are there aren't readily observed by the patient. It turns out that I was getting dissatisfied with the trends of BPH weak urine stream, going more often than I felt I should. Hardly a big deal in the scope of things but bothersome and it being winter in times of COVID-19 I probably could add general boredom and looking for an excuse to get out of the house. At any rate that is what put me in the office that day and why my doctor was giving me a little bit of "just why are you here today" when we got to the Digital Exam and her demeaner suddenly changed from he's and old guy who needs attention to OMG this is not a drill.

What I am trying to say is that regular checks are important. I had gotten a yearly health check as Medicare calls it just a month before and for whatever reason did not have the DRE. Why I do not know and I am certainly going to inquire. What I will say to anyone reading this is ASK FOR IT. Better a few moments of discomfort for early detection than finding out too late. 

No comments:

Post a Comment