Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Eyes and ears I fear not as good as before

I must confess that I am officially one of "them" those people whose eyesight and hearing are becoming as big a problem for them as they are for others. my eyes aren't really that bad, a little glaucoma (like being a little pregnant) and cataracts are developing well thank you but my vision impaired as it is by near sightedness should continue to thrive as long as I take the eye drops and as long as I don't get the other family disorder, macular degeneration. My ears are another thing

Just know folks that when people with hearing disorders tell you not so loud, they mean it loud noises hurt weak ears . I liken it to when you turn the volume up and listen real closely as you tune an old radio then BAM! you find a station and it blares out at you. It hurts. On the other side when almost everything a person hears anymore is mumbling which needs to be filtered intellectually and then interpreted for the most likely logical order of conversation, mumbling sure as hell doesn't help, nor do rapid changes of topic or dropped antecedents. We need all the help we can get. So be nice speak clearly at a pleasant deliberate volume let us filter the sound and maybe just maybe your ears will thank you several years from now.when others do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment